new Fertility Preservation Methods in Breast Cancer
Fertility and Procreation in Oncology Unit, Department of Medicine,
European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
2012 Jun; 7(3):197-202. Epub 2012 Jun 27
P M I D : 22872792 PubMed
Peccatori FA, Pup LD, Salvagno F, Guido M, Sarno MA, Revelli A, Piane LD,
Dolfin E, Franchi D, Molinari E, Immediata V, Chiavari L, Vucetich A, Borini A.
Abstract - Thanks to the recent advances in reproductive medicine, more and more young women with breast cancer may be offered the possibility of preserving their fertility. Fertility can be endangered by chemotherapy, by treatment duration and by patient's age at diagnosis. The currently available means to preserve a young woman's fertility are pharmacological protection with gonadotrophin-releasing hormone analogues during chemotherapy, and ovarian tissue or oocyte/embryo freezing before treatment. New future venues, including in vitro maturation, will improve the feasibility and efficacy of the fertility preservation methods in breast cancer patients.
Reproductive health Matters 2008; 16 (31): 211-219
S Sunderam, L Hollander, M Macaluso, A Vucetich, D J Jamieson, F Osimo, A Duerr, AE Semprini
2. Infertility treatment for HIV-positive women.
Women’s Health, 2008, 4: 369-382 Future Medicine ISSN 1745-5057
AE Semprini, L Hollander, A Vucetich, C Gilling-Smith
3. Safety and Efficacy of Sperm Washing in HIV-1 serodiscordant couples
AIDS 2007, 21:1909-1914
Louis Bujan, Lital Hollander, Mathieu Coudert, Carole Gilling-Smith, Alessandra Vucetich, Juliette Guibert,
Pietro Vernazza, Jeanine Ohl, Michael Weigel, Yvon Englert, Augusto E Semprini, for CREAThE network
4. Fluorescence polarization for measuring the production of surfactant in pathological pregnancies
Ann Ostet Ginecol Med Perinat. 1987 Mar-Apr;108(2):83-9.
Luerti M, Masturzo P, Castiglioni MT, Bozzetti P, Vucetich A, Rossi G, Salmona M.
5. HIV infection and AIDS in newborn babies of mothers positive for HIV antibody.
B M J 1987; 289: 610
AE Semprini, A Vucetich, G Pardi, MM Cossu
6. Prenatral diagnosis of congenital toxoplasmosis.
Ann Ostet Ginecol Med Perinat. 1989 Jan-Feb;110(1):49-54
Taglioretti A, Vucetich A, Agostoni G, Ravizza M, Meroni V, Semprini AG, Pardi G.
7. The effect of prednisone and heparin treatment in 14 patients
with intrauterine fetal death related to lupus anticoagulant.
Fetal Ther 4 1989; (suppl.1):73-76
AE Semprini, A Vucetich, S Garbo, G Agostoni, G Pardi.
8. Perinatal outcome in HIV infected pregnant women.
Gynecol Obstet Invest 1990; 30: 15-18
AE Semprini, M Ravizza, A Bucceri, A Vucetich, G Pardi. (1989)
9. Short term therapy for recurrent abortion using intravenous immunoglobulins:
results of a double-blind placebo-controlled Italian study
Hum Reprod 1997, vol 12 pp 2388 -2392
A Perino, A Vassiliadis, A Vucetich, N Colacurci, G Menato, M Cignitti and AE Semprini
10. Testing for HIV infection in pregnant women at the obstetric centers in Italy
Minerva Ginecol. 1999 Jan-Feb;51(1-2):7-14
D'Ubaldo C, Vucetich A, Pardi G, Ippolito G, Puro V.
11. Frequency and practice of prescribing prenatal HIV tests during pregnancy.
Minerva Ginecol. 1999 Sep;51(9):323-30
D'Ubaldo C, Vucetich A, Brancatella R, Della Torre M, Codispoti I, Pardi G, Ippolito G, Puro V.
12. Hepatitis C detection
Lancet 2001; 357: 557
AE Semprini, A Vucetich, T Persico
13. Sperm washing, use of HAART and role of elective caesarean section.
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 2004, 16:465-470. ISSN 1040 872X ISI Journal Citation Report
AE Semprini, A Vucetich, L Hollander.